Calling for an experienced Senior PR Account Manager
Calling for an experienced Senior PR Account Manager
Do you have a passion for PR and doing great work for clients? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced PR expert to join our team, working across a growing portfolio of B2B PR clients. From construction to health and safety to defence, we want someone with that little bit of magic it takes to be a great PR professional.
If you love nothing more than a busy day creating stories, talking to journalists and organising media campaigns for international events, you might be the perfect candidate for us.
You will have at least four years’ experience in a PR role - ideally within an agency and on B2B or technical brands.
Join our dynamic team
Clear B2B is an award-winning business to business creative agency packing a big punch with international brands including Anglo American, Bosch, DHL, eBay, MARSS, MSA Safety and Oodle car finance. We specialise in certain sectors which allows us to deep dive into client issues and get to grips with powerful solutions. Those sectors are: automotive; building & construction; aerospace, defence & security; industrial & engineering; and business services.
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our busy PR team working across a number of accounts.
Essential skills are:
- PR experience: is essential - finding newsworthy angles, getting on the phone to journalists to achieve earned media coverage, organising press briefings/trips and media support at exhibitions or events.
- A passion for compelling content: you’ll enjoy the process of researching, proposing and crafting powerful multi-channel content in a clear and compelling way – for, not only PR, but you’ll also an ability to apply this to marketing content for our clients more broadly.
- A deep diver: B2B marketing & PR requires the ability to take technical subjects and make them accessible to target audiences. The successful candidate will have the ability to get their head into meaty subject matter, soak up information, find pertinent points and keep abreast of industry news and trends.
- Marketing & digitally savvy: we’re looking for someone who also has some broader marketing & digital experience – be that social media, programmatic, email marketing and/or nurturing/automation platforms, as most of our clients require broad assistance across various marketing opportunities, not just PR.
- Confident communicator: firm but friendly; we’re looking for someone who will positively represent us, building rock solid relationships with clients, suppliers and journalists.
- Organisational excellence: completing tasks and activities to brief, on time and within budget is at the heart of your role. You’ll have superb organisational skills, be comfortable with figure work, happy to learn our internal procedures and systems and be able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Eye for detail: you’ll be the type of person who instinctively plays ‘find the typo’ and really cares about how we present ourselves as an agency. You won’t settle for just ‘good enough’ – you will always strive for excellence in everything you do.
- A ‘Clear’ attitude: We have ambitious growth plans, so need someone who’s hungry for us all to succeed, works well in a team and has a positive, can-do attitude. You will be able to bring to life our line ‘the difference is clear thinking’.
Tasks typically involve:
- Delivering communications programmes: from strategy and planning to implementation, you’ll be supporting the team in results-driven campaigns for multiple clients.
- Unearthing powerful content ideas, planning & copywriting: researching content and story ideas, planning their format, writing articles, blogs, eDMs and social media posts as well as being able to brief our copywriting team and feedback/edit their work.
- Implementing full PR programmes: content generation, generating exposure in target media, building relationships with journalists, maximising success son social media, identifying speaker opportunities, managing media campaigns at events – you need to be able to cover all parts of the PR mix.
- Managing engaging and powerful social channels: developing and building monthly schedules of content or specific campaigns to meet client objectives (raising profiles, follower growth, reach, engagement etc.). Building targeted audiences for paid activity, monitoring performance and reporting on results. Sourcing, negotiating and managing influencer/affiliation relations.
- Creative and studio management: working closely with creatives and other planners to uncover powerful insight and translate this into watertight creative and design briefs. Seeing the process through to a successful conclusion.
- Account management: Acting as the trusted project manager with a good understanding of appropriate PR and marketing solutions. Taking problems and day-to-day pain away from Clients and keeping their programmes on track. Includes admin tasks where needed such as work in progress reports, results analysis, scheduling meetings, cost control, meeting notes, formatting documents, proofreading etc.
- Advertising: Run advertising schedules including booking ads / checking off invoices against planned ads / prompting for deadlines /chasing artwork / liaising for deadline extensions.
- Supplier liaison: researching suppliers, keeping us abreast of latest offerings, co-ordinating supplier bookings and activities.
- Financial: Estimating jobs, raising POs and invoices. Monitoring budgets vs actual charges.
- Research and analysis: Conducting desk research, sourcing and reviewing campaign metrics to draw meaningful conclusions/recommendations.
- Agency marketing: researching and writing content pieces for Clear B2B and involvement with new business pitches where needed.
Working at Clear: We’re a small-ish team of bright individuals - finding the right person to join our team is vitally important to us.
Working hours are the normal 9.00am - 5.30pm and we actively promote a culture of leaving /stopping on time - although of course there are times when high profile projects and tight deadlines require all hands to the pump.
We have been mostly working remotely from home due to the pandemic but envisage soon returning to two or more days per week in the office – restrictions allowing – but will continue to retain some flexibility for working from home.
In return we offer:
- A fun and progressive place to work
- 25 days holiday
- The Christmas shutdown period (3.5 days) off
- Flexible and remote working
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite office parking and bike store (& shower!)
- Onsite café
- Training & mentoring
- Seasonal treats
- Social events (restrictions allowing!) – which have included summer BBQs, Henley Regatta, yoga classes, go-karting, triathlon, pasta making, Christmas wreath making, mini-golf, and pizza & beer lunches
If you're interested in this position, then drop us a line with your CV and a covering note explaining why you think you could be right for us.
Please email your details to Rachel Arquati, Principal Director: email@example.com